Shear Stress Sensor Technology
- V. Sheverev, Srdjan Nesic, Bruce Brown, “Direct measurement of shear stress in single- and multiphase flows,” presented at the Advisory Board Meeting of the Institute for Corrosion and Multiphase Technology at Ohio University, Oct. 11, 2011 [Powerpoint]
Penning Ionization Electron Spectroscopy (PIES)
- C. M. Denning, V. Stepaniuk, V. Sheverev, “Development of a portable greenhouse gas analyzer based on Penning ionization electron spectroscopy (PIES) in a pulsed glow discharge plasma,” Gaseous Electronics Conference of the American Physical Society, Saratoga Springs, NY, Oct. 2009
- V. Stepaniuk, G. H. Popov, V. A. Sheverev, “Use of Penning ionization electron spectroscopy in plasma measurements of environmental gas constituents,” Analytical Chemistry, 81, 2626 (2009) [Abstract]
- G. Popov, V. Stepaniuk, V. Sheverev, “Lab-on-a-Chip for identification and measurement of environmental gas constituents based on PIES technology,” New Jersey Entrepreneurial Network Meeting, Princeton, NJ, Jan. 2008
- G. Popov, V. Stepaniuk, V. Sheverev, “Portable gas analyzer based on the PIES technology,” Innovative Environmental Technology Conference, Newark, NJ, Oct. 2007
- V. Sheverev, G. G. Lister and V. Stepaniuk, “Ionization processes in fluorescent lamps: Evaluation of the Hg chemi-ionization rate coefficients,” Physical Review E, 71, 056404 (2005)* [Abstract] [PDF]
- V. A. Sheverev, N. A. Khromov, D. R. Kojiro, “Penning ionization electron spectroscopy in glow discharge: Another dimension for gas chromatography detectors,” Analytical Chemistry, 74, 5556 (2002) [Abstract]
- V. A. Sheverev, V. Stepaniuk, G. G. Lister, “Chemi-ionization in neon plasma,” Journal of Applied Physics, 92, 3454 (2002)** [Abstract] [PDF]
Whispering Gallery Mode (WGM) Technology
- T. Ioppolo, M. Kozhevnikov, V. Stepaniuk, M. V. Otugen, V. Sheverev, “A micro-optical force sensor concept based on whispering gallery mode resonators,” Applied Optics, 47, 3009 (2008)*** [Abstract] [PDF] (Images from this article appeared on the journal cover.)
- T. Ioppolo, U. Ayaz, V. Otugen, V. Sheverev , “A micro-optical wall shear stress sensor concept based on whispering gallery mode resonators,” AIAA-2008-273, 46th American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit, Reno, NV, Jan. 2008
- T. Ioppolo, V. Sheverev, M. Kozhevnikov, M. Otugen, “Performance of a whispering gallery mode resonator-based micro-optical force sensor,” AIAA-2007-1262, 45th American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit, Reno, NV, Jan. 2007
- M. Kozhevnikov, T. Ioppolo, V. Stepaniuk, V. Sheverev, V. Otugen, “Optical force sensor based on whispering gallery mode resonators,” AIAA-2006-649, 44th American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit, Reno, NV, Jan. 2006
*Copyright 2005 by the American Physical Society.
**Copyright 2002 American Institute of Physics. This article may be downloaded for personal use only. Any other use requires prior permission of the author and the American Institute of Physics. This article appeared in Physical Review E and may be found at the abstract link above.
***This paper was published in Applied Optics and is made available as an electronic reprint with the permission of OSA. The paper can be found at the following URL on the OSA website: http://www.opticsinfobase.org/ao/abstract.cfm?URI=ao-47-16-3009. Systematic or multiple reproduction or distribution to multiple locations via electronic or other means is prohibited and is subject to penalties under law.